What is Medical Oversight and Do I Really Need It?
Automated External Defibrillators are Class III medical devices that require a physician’s approval for ownership (an “AED prescription”) and continual oversight to ensure programs are well run and ready in case an emergency strikes. The involvement of an AED medical director can vary by state, but AED Consulting you has covered, no matter where you’re located or how many AED’s you have. With our Medical Oversight program regardless of where your business is located and what changes your county may make, you will be confident your business is adhering to all protocols of maintaining an AED Program.
Registration and Compliance
- Using comprehensive and proprietary geo-coordinate based algorithm, all AED units added to the system are automatically registered with the nearest Public Safety Answering Point (“PSAP” or 911 Dispatch Center). Our goal with the program is to do more than help you meet “medical direction” and “oversight” requirements – we do everything we can to help empower your program to save lives.
- We file a registration form with your state or county EMS agency if it’s a requirement in your jurisdiction. Once filed, all forms are time-stamped and saved online for your records.
Post AED Use Compliance
If your AED is used:
- An AED loaner unit (same exact make/model if available) will be sent to you via next-day-air along with a pre-paid label to ship your used AED to us
- We will download the ECG from your AED
- One of our state-specific physicians will review your data and prepare a final summation report, and provide your organization with a copy
- We will replace your used electrode pads – For no additional charge!
- No Hidden Fees for these services.
One Place for All of your AED Related information
- View All of you AED’s on a single screen where you can easily see if they are in compliance
- Receive email reminders when accessories are expiring, training certs are expiring, and email reminders to do readiness checks.
- Receive reminders to preform & record monthly visual Maintenance checks, with late reminders
- Online Policy and Procedures Manual
- Online Prescription
- Many reports at your finger tips